What We Do for Nonprofits
- The vast depth of knowledge and services needed for building organizational effectiveness, based on nearly 40 years of experience
- An integrated, comprehensive approach to nonprofit operations, management and governance
- The combined wisdom of a varied team of experts providing education, training and consulting on your issues
- An understanding of the culture that can’t be learned or taught, but has to be experienced. As a nonprofit ourselves, we share a distinct connection to the values and realities that is the nonprofit sector
- And ultimately it means transformation into the organization you want to be, with the bandwidth you need to function effectively, with The Nonprofit Center offering services, expertise and support through every stage of the process.
You are a wealth of great information and guidance to us. Your nonprofit experience and the relationships you have cultivated over the years is what makes The Nonprofit Center so amazing.”
-Diane Reott, Executive Director, PA Branch of the International Dyslexia AssociationWe didn’t just decide that there was profit to be made in the nonprofit sector, as many recent arrivals have. We have always been part of the sector, with similar challenges, demands and motivations. We speak your language because it’s our language too.
Capacity Building is Going Beyond Just Surviving
And capacity building – with intention – is what we do at The Nonprofit Center, delivered through our diversity of programs, including:
- 70 classes (with 30,000+ alumni) in key subjects that provide in-depth learning experiences for nonprofit staff, volunteers and board members, which can be taken as individual courses or as part of one of our three Certificates of Completion that help create skilled, recognized professionals (check out our comprehensive 2018-19 Education Guide); eligible for CEUs, CPEs, CWSEs and CFREs. All are presented by professional instructors with the greatest depth of knowledge you’ll find.
- Value-Added Consulting Services in a wide range of areas in planning, management, operation that build your organization’s (and its leaders’) capacity to create and implement programs that will achieve their goals and facilitates leadership transitions. Expert Connections give you answers from a nonprofit consultant when you most need them.
- On-Site Group Education to deliver a skill to multiple, staff, board, associates, for a shared learning experience that’s efficient, economical, personalized and convenient.
- Peer Learning Circles for group problem-solving, support and leadership development.
- Findnonprofitjobs.org/, a nonprofit jobs website that connects the right people with the right positions, including board and other volunteer roles.
- Leadership Development programs and activities that strengthens today’s and tomorrow’s executive directors and board members.
- The 2019-20 Education Guide will be online this summer.