Certificate in Fundraising
The Nonprofit Center Certificate Fundraising is designed for those who may not be full-time fundraising professionals, nor formally trained in fundraising, but seek instruction in the fundamental skills and essential methods of successful resource development. With its strong grounding in the concepts, trends and practices that guide successful and ethical fundraising, you will become versed in the full processes of this desired skill. The program is also useful for those who assist with fundraising and for executive directors and board members who seek increased confidence and knowledge to support their roles as fundraisers for their causes.
From introductory level courses that emphasize program strategy, management practices and mission, to a progression toward advanced level courses that focus on each of the major fundraising strategies, you will gain knowledge that will enable you to design and execute each activity. The series culminates with the steps to create your own fundraising plan.
“Because of the Certificate in Fundraising, I attained more than the number of educational points required for the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) application. I was approved to sit for the exam this year and I successfully passed and earned the CFRE designation. It was quite an exam, the hardest professional endeavor thus far in my career. I can’t thank you all enough for offering such a comprehensive, informative, and honestly, professionally-life changing series. I used all my workbooks and notes to study and will continue to keep them as I move forward (and share with my peers to help boost their work). I came across some CFRE refresher books thru AFP and I just smiled in reviewing, seeing similar content pertaining to donor and operations I learned through The Nonprofit Center, boosting my testing confidence.”
-Michael A. Ticzon, CFRE, former Development Operations Manager, Historical Society of PA
- Building a Strong Corporate Fundraising Program
- Creating Successful Individual & Major Donor Campaigns
- Designing and Implementing a Successful Direct Mail Program
- Fundamentals of Successful Fundraising
- How to do Fundraising Events Right
- How to Launch a Legacy Planned Giving Program
- Promoting Successful Fundraising through Effective Stewardship and Donor Management
- Successful Fundraising in a Diverse World Starts With You
- The Step-by-Step Guide for the Grantseeker
- Your Fundraising Strategies: Fitting all the Pieces Together for Maximum Impact and Results
Current dates and descriptions of classes can be found here
*for 2020/21. CEUs and CFREs may be more if any classes are attended in-person in previous/future years.
Package Price: $995 (Requires Membership, with a savings of more than 20% over the already discounted member rate)
Member Rate: $1131
Non-member Rate: $1522
Certificate application forms for 2021/22:
Application forms will be available in summer 2021.
Consider these additional related learning opportunities:
- Maximizing your Website’s Impact on Engagement, Donations, Marketing & Branding
- We Want You Back – How to Win Back Lapsed Donors
- Donor Retention Strategies: Keeping the Love