On-Site Group Education
Building Skills and Competency for Staff, Board, Volunteers, Associations & Membership Groups – Delivered to your Door
The Nonprofit Center can work with you to tailor any educational program or Certificate Program to fit your unique organization, staff, volunteers, board, membership or association. We bring the education on-site to accommodate your scheduling needs and budgetary restrictions.
These on-site classes are a great time saver when multiple individuals or groups need to enhance their skills and bring the added advantage of a team-building shared capacity-building experience. We can also create a customized package of related programs, including credentialed certificate programs.
The range of topics for On-Site Group Education is as varied as the nonprofit sector is itself, and includes most of the courses offered in our annual Education Guide. Other popular subjects include:
- A wide range of Human Resources topics, such as being a new supervisor, employee performance management, interpersonal skills and communications, harassment in the workplace, diversity, employee benefits, managing change, effective teamwork and problem-solving/decision making
- Fundraising, including planned giving and endowments, case studies and feasibility studies
- Volunteer management and other programs
- Financial management, asset management and business planning
- Board of Directors leadership advancement, such as: best practices in board governance, resource development, board recruitment and retention, and financial management as well as coaching
- Strategic planning
What are the benefits of on-site group education?
- Cost-effective — great ROI
- Flexible schedule and program length
- Simultaneous, organization-wide capacity-building
- Enables like-organizations to collaborate on a training for all their members/associates.
“I am never disappointed with a Nonprofit Center seminar or workshop. My agency recently had on-site trainings for several of our mid-level managers and they were both well received. The staff asked that we continue to bring The Nonprofit Center’s trainings to them.”
-Maureen Kebea, Director of Human Resources, United Communities of Southeast PA
“The Discovery Orchestra has taken advantage of the wonderful benefit of on-site training as part of our Nonprofit Center membership. The Nonprofit Center has provided us with facilitators who bring so much expertise and skill, as well as encouragement and tools for our board and staff to utilize. The best part is that these training sessions are customized specifically to our organization.”
-Virginia Johnston, Executive Director, The Discovery Orchestra
Financial support may be available for On-site Education through TD Bank’s training resource fund.