Five Free Things to Help Create a Shoestring PR Campaign
by Jeff Baxt, Integrated Marketing Communications Tactician
- Use LinkedIn and Twitter to find news media contacts to reach out to and build relationships; your 1st and 2nd connections may know news reporters or producers they can introduce you to.
- Set up account on HARO (Help A Reporter Out) website to pitch stories to media; you will also receive daily emails about news sources that media contacts are looking for on breaking news stories.
- Review editorial calendars of consumer magazines and trade publications to identify topics for upcoming issues you may be able to offer a story for.
- Recruit volunteers to help identify potential stories; you can use the lesson plan in this course to help train volunteers in understanding the basics of public relations.
- Sign up for Google news alerts to help keep track of stories about your organization, or related news stories the media is following.
Check out Jeff Baxt’s profile