7 Questions to Ask Before Working with a Consultant
- Can you fully articulate the problem you want addressed and have you identified the true problem and not just a symptom? If you can answer yes to this question, read on. If you can’t answer yes, you’re probably not ready to take on a consulting project.
- Is there support from key people for hiring a consultant to address our need, including the Executive Director and Board President?
- Do you have the financial resources to commit to hiring a consultant?
- Are you willing to commit the human resources that are needed to work with the consultant to get the job done?
- Do you have the organizational climate that trusts the work of consultants or will it be an adversarial relationship?
- Are you willing and able to be forthright and honest with a consultant?
- What kind of person will fit and work best with this organization and our people, considering demographics, background, credentials, experience, approach, style and personality?
To read more about The Nonprofit Center’s consulting services, click here >