10 Tips for doing Video for Social Media
- Shorter run times are better. If you have too much to say, say it in more than one video.
- Part of being social is having frequent releases. This doesn’t have to be daily, but can you do quarterly?
- Always remember your message and your audience.
- Your YouTube channel is your TV channel. Is anything on tonight?
- YouTube for Nonprofits is the most important thing you can do to increase your efficacy on YouTube.
- Caption your videos. Not just for accessibility, but for SEO.
- Clickable overlays are the best way to get viewer engagement beyond YouTube.
- Your video title is the most important description to help people find your video.
- Don’t upload your video to Facebook videos, post a link to the YouTube file. Do the same on Twitter.
- If you DIY your video make sure to use a tripod, and make sure we can hear the video. DIY is great, but we have to be able to get the message.
Thanks for Michael Schweisheimer, Foundation of Primitive World Productions for sharing these useful tips.