What We Do
When we say The Nonprofit Center is in the business of nonprofits, what does that mean for you?
- The greatest depth of knowledge and services available for building the organizational effectiveness of the Greater Philadelphia region’s nonprofits, based on more than 30 years of experience
- An integrated, comprehensive approach to nonprofit operations, management and governance
- The combined wisdom of a varied team of experts providing education, training and consulting on your issues
- An understanding of the culture that can’t be learned or taught, but has to be experienced. As a nonprofit ourselves, we share a distinct connection to the values and realities that is the nonprofit sector.
Capacity Building is Going Beyond Just Surviving
And capacity building – with intentionality - is what we do at The Nonprofit Center, delivered through our diversity of programs, including:
- More than 60 classes (with 30,000 alumni) in key subjects that provide in-depth learning experiences for nonprofit staff, volunteers and board members, which can be taken as individual courses or as part of one of our four Certificate Programs that help create skilled professionals with the credentials to back it up
- Value-Added Consulting Services in a wide range of areas in planning, management, operation that build your organization’s (and its leaders’) capacity to create and implement programs that will achieve their goals and facilitates leadership transitions
- On-Site Group Training to deliver a skill to multiple, staff, board, associates, for a shared learning experience that’s efficient, economical and convenient
- Peer Learning Circles for group problem-solving, support and leadership development
- Findnonprofitjobs.org/, a nonprofit jobs website that connects the right people with the right positions, including board and other volunteer roles
- Leadership Development programs and activities that strengthens today’s and tomorrow’s executive directors and board members (Board suite link)